Team South

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team South

TEAM SOUTH forum

4 posters

My very own show!!--UPDATED....finally

ARMed&Bangin
    ARMed&Bangin

My very own show!!--UPDATED....finally Empty My very own show!!--UPDATED....finally

Post  ARMed&Bangin Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Yea...that's right--lil ol me, hosting my own gig. I am collaborating with a local shop, Diamond C Audio in Houma, La. It has been in the works for a couple of months now, and it's very close to becoming reality. It will be on Sunday (just for you Brett) May 17th.

The contract's not been signed as of yet, so its not official, but it's going to happen. I am just so excited about it that I had to share with you guys.

Details to follow directly.

Last edited by ARMed&Bangin on Sat May 02, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

My very own show!!--UPDATED....finally Empty Re: My very own show!!--UPDATED....finally

Post  Nick Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Way to go Aaron!!!
    2003F150

My very own show!!--UPDATED....finally Empty Re: My very own show!!--UPDATED....finally

Post  2003F150 Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:02 pm

I will be there!!!! Cool
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:09 pm

wheres the details cheers afro
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:00 pm

DUDE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Question Question Question Basketball
    extremewade
    extremewade

Post  extremewade Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Shocked
    ARMed&Bangin
    ARMed&Bangin

Post  ARMed&Bangin Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:45 am

stuck offshore man...limited to net access. Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

Contract's still not done. Greg's trippin. Workin on it though. Will definately be May 17th.

New twist though--It's going to be a benefit show. St. Judes and Locks of Love will be the primary recipients. As some of you may know, I have been growing my hair for 5 years now with the sole purpose of donating it to Locks of Love. They are a non profit organization who receives donations of hair from people, make wigs out of the donated hair and give them to children who suffer from alopeshia ariotia (spelling?), which is a fancy way of saying juvenile hair loss. The hair pieces are also donated to children cancer patients who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy. Well....I'm going to be cutting my hair at the show--FINALLY. We're going to do that last, after awards presentations. We will be talking about it throughout the show, making announcements, in hopes of getting more people to donate.

My family will be at the show selling plate lunches (probably white beans, rice and fried fish) with the proceeds of the lunch sales going to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I think Diamond C is going to be donating something to St. Jude's as well, but I'm not 100% certain of the details, so I don't wanna lie about it. I get off of work in like another week, and will be fully briefed on everything. I'll be able to tell you guys more then.

From St. Jude's website...take note of the last sentence...I love it:

St. Jude is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility. Discoveries made here have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. With research and patient care under one roof, St. Jude is where some of today's most gifted researchers are able to do science more quickly.

St. Jude researchers are published and cited more often in high impact publications than any other private pediatric oncology research institution in America. St. Jude is a place where many doctors send some of their sickest patients and toughest cases. A place where cutting-edge research and revolutionary discoveries happen every day. We've built America's second-largest health-care charity so the science never stops.

All patients accepted for treatment at St. Jude are treated without regard to the family's ability to pay.
    ARMed&Bangin
    ARMed&Bangin

Post  ARMed&Bangin Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:09 am

Am i the only one who thinks a benefit show for cancer patients/research is a fuckin GREAT idea? C'mon now.

Anyone else going to come?
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Aaron, post the details/fliers here too.... Sad
    ARMed&Bangin
    ARMed&Bangin

Post  ARMed&Bangin Sat May 02, 2009 4:28 pm

Ma bad man. I tell ya...been sooooo dam busy.

Got this show to work on, then, of course work, the kids, doing a lot of work at the camp--added a new boat dock with dual jet ski lifts and a single boat lift as well as electricity there (on the boat dock) with flood lights over the water to attract the specks at night, running water for a fish cleaning station, and on top of the boat shed we've put a 20x40 sun deck!!! (for the hotties to get their tan on), redid all of the plumbing at the camp, most of the electrical, and laid new laminate flooring 75% throughout (the kitchen and dining room floors were fine).

Then had to get the roof at my rental house redid, and since I know diddly about roofing, hired some contractors to do it. And while the contractors were at it, had them come and check out the roof on my carport/shed...it needed to be reroofed and get a couple of boards replaced. OR SO I THOUGHT

A tree limb had crashed through it for Hurricane Gustav, and it appeared to rot at an alarming pace. Well, come to find out the "quick fix" of a couple of boards and the roofing ended up with us having to replace 60% of the 2 car carport and attached shed--roof, joists, entire walls and all the floors. It had been infested with TERMITES. I never had anything against them bastards before, but I do now. Muthafuk a termite.

Now all of that is past me, and I have more time to devote to my forums. Here's the flyer and advertisement I found time to post on USACi's forum a month or so ago...

My very own show!!--UPDATED....finally Flyer

This is a cancer benefit show. Cash proceeds will be donated to St. Judes Children's Research Hospital ( www.stjude.org ) a portion will go directly to Linda Reynolds, a local woman afflicted by cancer's woes.

This is a special event for me. Have any of you ever heard of Locks of Love? www.locksoflove.org Well, they're a nonprofit organization who accepts donations of hair, processes the hair, and makes wigs for children affected by alopecia (hair loss) as well as for children who lose their hair due to the side effects of chemotherapy. These wigs (quite costly retail) are donated free of charge to these children. Well....I have been growing my hair for the last 6 years to be donated to this organization. The time has come, and we will chop it off at this event. In order to raise even more loot, myself and the guys at Diamond C Audio have come up with an ingenious idea. Let's auction off the chopping rights. The highest bidder will be allowed to actually put scissors to my curly locks (currently 22 inches) and whack it off. The bid money will go entirely to St. Jude's.

Somethings have been added to the event activity list that were unscheduled at the time of the flyer's printing. We will have live bands on stage, auctions for donated items from local merchants, and motorcycle stunts.

Peltier park is quite large, and we anticipate it being packed. South Side Maniacs, a local motorcycle club will be out in full force, providing some entertainment.

This will be a one-day event on May the 17th. Slotted times are 12:30 until 6pm. The grand finale will be my hair chopping, and hopefully we can drum up others into donating their hair. This will be a 2x event.

Please do what you can to make this show and attribute to helping a good cause.

If any team members would like to hang out prior to the show, I'll be going to the camp on Friday for a couple of days of fishing. If weather permits, we can take my boat out into the Gulf and go look for some big 'uns--red snapper, amberjack, cobia, grouper, sharks, tuna, tarpon, ect. But if it's not cooperative, there's always the marsh, which is full of speckled trout, redfish, black drums and flounders. You guys (team members and family) are invited to sleep at the camp with myself and my family. Sunday morning we can all trek over to Thibodaux together. I just will need to stop at my house and throw my box and subs in my truck on the way up. Just let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the directions. Oh, if you don't like the presence of kids, then don't bother coming. I work offshore, and when I'm off, my kids are up my ass--and I don't mind. Ages 10, 5, and almost 2.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:49 pm