Team South

TEAM SOUTH forum


    Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Share
    avatar
    gotslap?

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-10
    Location : Baton Rouge, LA

    Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  gotslap? on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:10 am

    Hey guys, Josh LaFountain here. Used to compete heavily a few years back with Team SPEAD. I had a ranger with 2 goliaths, 5 batteries, and 2 MT 12's, Mojo 15s, Solo X's various setups. Took a break to focus on college but now im back in.

    Got a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab with an MTX 4001D, couple kinetiks, and 2 XCON 18s. Havn't had it metered yet because i just put it in, but i'd say its a 152-153. I plan on doing mostly street beat and competing a lot like I used to. I like to switch it up a lot and play with various setups and doing non conventional setups. I built this system as a complete musical ground pounder but will probably toss in a SPL box for different classes. I used to take the sport a little too seriously but now Im in just to have fun and blow peoples heads off!

    Heres some pics of my old ranger and my truck now.













    my truck now














    I plan to add some more batteries, and hopefully another 4000, maybe a wall who knows!





    avatar
    tigerh4rf

    Posts : 174
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2009-02-02
    Age : 45
    Location : Belden Ms

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  tigerh4rf on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:26 am

    Nice setup man looks cool
    avatar
    Beatnoutdaframe

    Posts : 68
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2009-06-16
    Age : 37
    Location : Biloxi,MS

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  Beatnoutdaframe on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 pm

    that is a nice looking setup
    avatar
    Nick
    Admin

    Posts : 502
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2009-02-01
    Age : 52
    Location : Southwest MS

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  Nick on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:47 pm

    That is a very good setup Josh! It is always good to see people get back into the sport. We will get you word soon.


    I need those rims cheers



    _________________
    TEAM SOUTH CAPTAIN
    avatar
    Canaan

    Posts : 126
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2009-02-13
    Location : Monroe, la

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  Canaan on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:58 pm

    Hows it goin Josh?
    I think I remember you from shows down at MST and David's (back went Matt Sibley worked there), but damit if I can't place your face.

    Did you used to have a red ext cab ranger?...and had a Hifonics amp go up in flames waiting in line for the lanes?
    (Might be thinking of someone else)

    I'm having one of my usual brainfart...that and I just got done fighting a 6th order rear deck blow-thru in a customers car and I'm spent. Meters low, but sounds great, nice flat response.

    Oh well, nice setups you have there. Good to see you are getting back in the game!

    Hope to see you at a show again soon.
    -canaan
    avatar
    gotslap?

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-10
    Location : Baton Rouge, LA

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  gotslap? on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:16 pm

    Thanks everyone,

    Nick, I loved those rims they were great.
    avatar
    gotslap?

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-10
    Location : Baton Rouge, LA

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  gotslap? on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:43 pm

    Canaan wrote:Hows it goin Josh?
    I think I remember you from shows down at MST and David's (back went Matt Sibley worked there), but damit if I can't place your face.

    Did you used to have a red ext cab ranger?...and had a Hifonics amp go up in flames waiting in line for the lanes?
    (Might be thinking of someone else)

    I'm having one of my usual brainfart...that and I just got done fighting a 6th order rear deck blow-thru in a customers car and I'm spent. Meters low, but sounds great, nice flat response.

    Oh well, nice setups you have there. Good to see you are getting back in the game!

    Hope to see you at a show again soon.
    -canaan

    Yeah i remember you, you had an extended cab as well? Yep I had the red ext cab ranger. But dont know about any amp catching flames lol. Im sure I'll see you around!
    avatar
    ryan

    Posts : 61
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2009-02-02
    Age : 43
    Location : slidell

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  ryan on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:13 pm

    Def a sweet build any idea what class you would run. In
    avatar
    gotslap?

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-10
    Location : Baton Rouge, LA

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  gotslap? on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 pm

    Well for street beat it would be SB4 or SB5 (depending on who on the team competes in which class), or for spl it would probably be Mod 0-1000, but I could get a couple 12s and run SB2 or SS 601-1800. Im up for anything really (I know it can be weird having teammates competing in the same class). I plan to use my dual 18s as my ground pounding setup and compete with it if possible, but can swap boxes and subs for a diff. class.
    avatar
    Canaan

    Posts : 126
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2009-02-13
    Location : Monroe, la

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  Canaan on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:33 pm

    Yea, I had the blue ext cab '98 silverado.
    Used to run an RE SX15 and JBL bp1200.1 'back in the day'. Did my great big 148.6dB w/ that setup Smile

    I'm pretty sure you beat my cousin Kendal (w/ 2 L5-15 in ext cab ranger that did 148.0), at his first and only show down at David's. We built the vehicle that week and drove down that weekend, he was all fired up and stoked that he took 2nd w/ no testing....never showed at another comp though Sad Thought I had him hooked Sad

    As for the amp up in flames, I must be thinking about another vehicle.

    cya around man.
    avatar
    gotslap?

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-10
    Location : Baton Rouge, LA

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  gotslap? on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:35 pm

    Canaan wrote:Yea, I had the blue ext cab '98 silverado.
    Used to run an RE SX15 and JBL bp1200.1 'back in the day'. Did my great big 148.6dB w/ that setup Smile

    I'm pretty sure you beat my cousin Kendal (w/ 2 L5-15 in ext cab ranger that did 148.0), at his first and only show down at David's. We built the vehicle that week and drove down that weekend, he was all fired up and stoked that he took 2nd w/ no testing....never showed at another comp though Sad Thought I had him hooked Sad

    As for the amp up in flames, I must be thinking about another vehicle.

    cya around man.

    Yeah i remember him, we chatted it up after the show he was a nice guy.
    avatar
    Canaan

    Posts : 126
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2009-02-13
    Location : Monroe, la

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  Canaan on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 pm

    gotslap? wrote:
    Canaan wrote:Yea, I had the blue ext cab '98 silverado.
    Used to run an RE SX15 and JBL bp1200.1 'back in the day'. Did my great big 148.6dB w/ that setup Smile

    I'm pretty sure you beat my cousin Kendal (w/ 2 L5-15 in ext cab ranger that did 148.0), at his first and only show down at David's. We built the vehicle that week and drove down that weekend, he was all fired up and stoked that he took 2nd w/ no testing....never showed at another comp though Sad Thought I had him hooked Sad

    As for the amp up in flames, I must be thinking about another vehicle.

    cya around man.

    Yeah i remember him, we chatted it up after the show he was a nice guy.


    Here is a pic of him and his setup from that show.



    I built that shit w/ a skil-saw, lol.
    My old silverado is in the background.



    Dam man...i used to see you all the time down south.
    Did you stay w/ matt and them back at Gator Drag a few yrs ago when we all stayed at that guys pool house? (can't remember his name, alex maybe?)

    fauk...who the hell are you?
    I just can't place you...lol
    I know the ScreenName and your old vehicle though.
    avatar
    gotslap?

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-10
    Location : Baton Rouge, LA

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  gotslap? on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:28 pm

    idk about staying at that house for gator drag but yeah i remember that truck

    lol idk how to jog your memory, but yeah i had the red ranger and used to work some long nights at davids with matt and them a lot
    avatar
    Canaan

    Posts : 126
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2009-02-13
    Location : Monroe, la

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  Canaan on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 pm

    Ok josh.
    If you are who I think you are, w/ my mildly retarded memory. I just voted for you to be a member of Team South.

    cheers





    Hit me w/ a txt some time and say hi.
    318-403-0152

    BTW, any chance you will be at Pandemonium in Alexandria, La tomorrow?
    I'm riding down for the hell of it.

    -Canaan
    avatar
    gotslap?

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-10
    Location : Baton Rouge, LA

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  gotslap? on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:32 pm

    Canaan wrote:Ok josh.
    If you are who I think you are, w/ my mildly retarded memory. I just voted for you to be a member of Team South.

    cheers





    Hit me w/ a txt some time and say hi.
    318-403-0152

    BTW, any chance you will be at Pandemonium in Alexandria, La tomorrow?
    I'm riding down for the hell of it.

    -Canaan

    Sure thing man thanks!

    What time is pandemonium? its probably a good couple hours to alexandria from BR

    Sponsored content

    Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm