Team South

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team South

TEAM SOUTH forum

+2
tigerh4rf
gotslap?
6 posters

Used to compete, now back in the sport

gotslap?
    gotslap?

Used to compete, now back in the sport Empty Used to compete, now back in the sport

Post  gotslap? Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:10 am

Hey guys, Josh LaFountain here. Used to compete heavily a few years back with Team SPEAD. I had a ranger with 2 goliaths, 5 batteries, and 2 MT 12's, Mojo 15s, Solo X's various setups. Took a break to focus on college but now im back in.

Got a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab with an MTX 4001D, couple kinetiks, and 2 XCON 18s. Havn't had it metered yet because i just put it in, but i'd say its a 152-153. I plan on doing mostly street beat and competing a lot like I used to. I like to switch it up a lot and play with various setups and doing non conventional setups. I built this system as a complete musical ground pounder but will probably toss in a SPL box for different classes. I used to take the sport a little too seriously but now Im in just to have fun and blow peoples heads off!

Heres some pics of my old ranger and my truck now.

Used to compete, now back in the sport Picture014

Used to compete, now back in the sport IMG00085

Used to compete, now back in the sport IMG00087

Used to compete, now back in the sport 920880913_m

Used to compete, now back in the sport IMG00101

Used to compete, now back in the sport IMG00089

my truck now

Used to compete, now back in the sport Josh_Stadium013

Used to compete, now back in the sport Josh_Stadium014

Used to compete, now back in the sport Josh_Stadium027

Used to compete, now back in the sport Josh_Stadium031

Used to compete, now back in the sport Josh_Stadium036

Used to compete, now back in the sport Josh_Stadium045

I plan to add some more batteries, and hopefully another 4000, maybe a wall who knows!

tigerh4rf
    tigerh4rf

Used to compete, now back in the sport Empty Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

Post  tigerh4rf Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:26 am

Nice setup man looks cool
    Beatnoutdaframe
    Beatnoutdaframe

Used to compete, now back in the sport Empty Re: Used to compete, now back in the sport

Post  Beatnoutdaframe Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 pm

that is a nice looking setup
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:47 pm

That is a very good setup Josh! It is always good to see people get back into the sport. We will get you word soon.

I need those rims cheers

Canaan
    Canaan

Post  Canaan Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Hows it goin Josh?
    I think I remember you from shows down at MST and David's (back went Matt Sibley worked there), but damit if I can't place your face.

Did you used to have a red ext cab ranger?...and had a Hifonics amp go up in flames waiting in line for the lanes?
    (Might be thinking of someone else)

I'm having one of my usual brainfart...that and I just got done fighting a 6th order rear deck blow-thru in a customers car and I'm spent. Meters low, but sounds great, nice flat response.

Oh well, nice setups you have there. Good to see you are getting back in the game!

Hope to see you at a show again soon.
    -canaan
    gotslap?
    gotslap?

Post  gotslap? Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks everyone,

Nick, I loved those rims they were great.
    gotslap?
    gotslap?

Post  gotslap? Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Canaan wrote:Hows it goin Josh?
    I think I remember you from shows down at MST and David's (back went Matt Sibley worked there), but damit if I can't place your face.

Did you used to have a red ext cab ranger?...and had a Hifonics amp go up in flames waiting in line for the lanes?
    (Might be thinking of someone else)

I'm having one of my usual brainfart...that and I just got done fighting a 6th order rear deck blow-thru in a customers car and I'm spent. Meters low, but sounds great, nice flat response.

Oh well, nice setups you have there. Good to see you are getting back in the game!

Hope to see you at a show again soon.
    -canaan

Yeah i remember you, you had an extended cab as well? Yep I had the red ext cab ranger. But dont know about any amp catching flames lol. Im sure I'll see you around!
    ryan
    ryan

Post  ryan Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Def a sweet build any idea what class you would run. In
    gotslap?
    gotslap?

Post  gotslap? Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Well for street beat it would be SB4 or SB5 (depending on who on the team competes in which class), or for spl it would probably be Mod 0-1000, but I could get a couple 12s and run SB2 or SS 601-1800. Im up for anything really (I know it can be weird having teammates competing in the same class). I plan to use my dual 18s as my ground pounding setup and compete with it if possible, but can swap boxes and subs for a diff. class.
    Canaan
    Canaan

Post  Canaan Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Yea, I had the blue ext cab '98 silverado.
    Used to run an RE SX15 and JBL bp1200.1 'back in the day'. Did my great big 148.6dB w/ that setup Smile

I'm pretty sure you beat my cousin Kendal (w/ 2 L5-15 in ext cab ranger that did 148.0), at his first and only show down at David's. We built the vehicle that week and drove down that weekend, he was all fired up and stoked that he took 2nd w/ no testing....never showed at another comp though Sad Thought I had him hooked Sad

As for the amp up in flames, I must be thinking about another vehicle.

cya around man.
    gotslap?
    gotslap?

Post  gotslap? Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Canaan wrote:Yea, I had the blue ext cab '98 silverado.
    Used to run an RE SX15 and JBL bp1200.1 'back in the day'. Did my great big 148.6dB w/ that setup Smile

I'm pretty sure you beat my cousin Kendal (w/ 2 L5-15 in ext cab ranger that did 148.0), at his first and only show down at David's. We built the vehicle that week and drove down that weekend, he was all fired up and stoked that he took 2nd w/ no testing....never showed at another comp though Sad Thought I had him hooked Sad

cya around man.

Yeah i remember him, we chatted it up after the show he was a nice guy.
    Canaan
    Canaan

Post  Canaan Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 pm

gotslap? wrote:
    Canaan wrote:Yea, I had the blue ext cab '98 silverado.

cya around man.

Yeah i remember him, we chatted it up after the show he was a nice guy.

Here is a pic of him and his setup from that show.

Used to compete, now back in the sport 6503990062_large
    Used to compete, now back in the sport 6503990065_medium
    I built that shit w/ a skil-saw, lol.
    My old silverado is in the background.

Dam man...i used to see you all the time down south.
    Did you stay w/ matt and them back at Gator Drag a few yrs ago when we all stayed at that guys pool house? (can't remember his name, alex maybe?)

fauk...who the hell are you?
    I just can't place you...lol
    I know the ScreenName and your old vehicle though.
    gotslap?
    gotslap?

Post  gotslap? Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:28 pm

idk about staying at that house for gator drag but yeah i remember that truck

lol idk how to jog your memory, but yeah i had the red ranger and used to work some long nights at davids with matt and them a lot
    Canaan
    Canaan

Post  Canaan Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Ok josh.
    If you are who I think you are, w/ my mildly retarded memory. I just voted for you to be a member of Team South.

cheers

Hit me w/ a txt some time and say hi.
    318-403-0152

BTW, any chance you will be at Pandemonium in Alexandria, La tomorrow?
    I'm riding down for the hell of it.

-Canaan
    gotslap?
    gotslap?

Post  gotslap? Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Canaan wrote:Ok josh.
    If you are who I think you are, w/ my mildly retarded memory. I just voted for you to be a member of Team South.

cheers

Hit me w/ a txt some time and say hi.
    318-403-0152

BTW, any chance you will be at Pandemonium in Alexandria, La tomorrow?
    I'm riding down for the hell of it.

-Canaan

Sure thing man thanks!

What time is pandemonium? its probably a good couple hours to alexandria from BR

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm